Dr. Steven Halls's breast cancer website
一个加拿大的放射科学家，Dr. Steven Halls，所建设的一个网站。网站以漫画的风格对乳腺癌基础知识进行科普，风趣幽默，值得一看。
This website with information on breast cancer, mixes the medical information and the average person’s point-of-view, plus Dr. Halls sense of humor and the Moose to be super serious.
This site describes the many common and less common types of breast cancer and other benign and malignant breast diseases. It covers breast cancer screening, staging, and tumor grading. The focus is mostly on diagnosis and laboratory results, but there is also some treatment information and prognosis information, although for the absolutely best, latest, state-of-the-art information on treatment options, it’s always best to directly talk to an oncologist specializing in breast cancer.
Section 1 – Screening Programs and Risk Factors
- 1A- Introduction to breast cancer screening
- 1B- Results of screening mammography
- 1C- More on risk and breast density
Section 2 – Screening Mammography
- 2A- About Mammography for screening and diagnosis
- 2B- More on mammography, CAD, PET and Ultrasound
- 2C- The abnormal mammography, birads, breast MRI.
- 2D- Breast Biopsy methods.
- 2E- Axilla imaging, post-op mammograms.
Section 3 – Benign Breast conditions, types of non-cancer lumps.
- 3A- Cysts and a few other benign changes.
- 3B- Benign hyperplasias, papillomas, adenomas and sclerosing adenosis.
- 3C- Fibroadenoma, Phyllodes tumor, lipoma and others.
- 3D- Male gynecomastia
Section 4 – Benign Conditions, Atypical hyperplasia and DCIS.
- 4A- Atypical ductal and lobular hyperplasia
- 4B- DCIS, ductal and lobular carcinoma in situ.
- 4C- Columnar change, atypias, intraductal papilloma and carcinoma
- 4D- Cancer developing from atypical and in-situ lesions.
Section 5 – Invasive Breast Cancers
- 5A- Classifying invasive ductal carcinoma.
- 5B- Invasive lobular carcinoma
- 5C- Micro papillary breast cancer and inflammatory breast cancer
- 5D- Rare breast cancer types
- 5E- Male breast cancer.
Section 6 – Pathology tests, what they mean.
- 6A- Pathology reports
- 6B- ER, PR and Her2, and what these immunohistochemistry test mean.
- 6C- More on ER, PR and Her2.
- 6D- Triple negative breast cancer.
Section 7 – Breast Cancer Staging
Section 8 – Information on Breast Cancer Treatment
- 8A- Treatment, the team, the basic drugs.
- 8B- Treatment, hormones and antibodies.
- 8C- Treatment, early stage, neo-adjuvant, advanced and metastatic.
- 8D- Special Treatment situations, triple negative, pregnancy, inflammatory breast cancer.